Thanks for taking the time to learn about Aqua Marooned!, a card game created for the Alliance for Watershed Education (AWE) as part of Lenapehoking~Watershed: a wide-ranging, multifaceted art project that opens audience awareness to the Delaware River watershed and the lands that surround it.
Aqua Marooned! encourages appreciation and emotional connection to the flora and fauna of the region, fosters a love of nature and is also just ridiculously fun to play. Using quick wit, sensory awareness and physical skill players connect with the landscape of the watershed as a whole.Card decks are available at AWE sites spanning three states as well as a number of auxiliary partner locations and are always FREE to take. Players can use the Aqua Marooned! core deck to generally explore nature anywhere they find it while the game’s 19 center expansion decks add in content specific to the mission of the site. Our extra special Lenape expansion deck, created under the guidance of a Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape advisory circle, offers an expanded series of cards that bring Indigenous insight and perspective to gameplay.
This page serves as a hub for information, marketing and outreach tools for the project. Click the links below to access materials and always feel free to email the contacts at the bottom of the page with further requests or needs.
Press Materials and General Information Links:
- Aqua Marooned! original press release – feel free to use language and/or download to modify for your needs
- Info about Aqua Marooned! on the Lenapehoking~Watershed website and general info about the L~W art project as a whole
- Link to Aqua Marooned! on Swim Pony’s website
- Link to Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape Tribal Nation website – sign up for their email list!
- Aqua Marooned! video trailer online and as a downloadable file (video credit: Cinema Quilt)
- Hi resolution press/marketing images of game pieces and sample gameplay (photo credit: Jaime Alvarez)
- Digital images of Core and Lenape decks (photo credit: Swim Pony)
- Card display assembly video
- Artist credits and producer bios
- Aqua Marooned! logo, Swim Pony company logo and L~W Project logo,
- Instagram: @aquamarooned, @swimponypa, @lenapehoking.watershed.art
- Facebook: @aquamarooned, @SwimPony, @LenapehokingWatershedArtProject
- A guide to promoting Aqua Marooned! on social media
- Formatted social media graphics and character profile pics (photo credit: Bri Barton and Meg Lemieur)
- BuzzFeed “Which Aqua Marooned! character are you?” quiz
Programming and Outreach Materials:
- Video from AWE center virtual training on how to play and program the game
- Links to Translations of Core and Lenape decks – feel free to link directly or print and distribute:
- Create your own Aqua Marooned! card with this lesson plan (using these blank card templates)
- Set up an Aqua Marooned! scavenger hunt at your site (along with digital images of your mission lawn signs)
- Explore some ideas for programming Aqua Marooned! events aimed at adults