Thanks for taking the time to learn about Aqua Marooned!, a card game created for the Alliance for Watershed Education (AWE) as part of Lenapehoking~Watershed: a wide-ranging, multifaceted art project that opens audience awareness to the Delaware River watershed and the lands that surround it.
Aqua Marooned! encourages appreciation and emotional connection to the flora and fauna of the region, fosters a love of nature and is also just ridiculously fun to play. Using quick wit, sensory awareness and physical skill players connect with the landscape of the watershed as a whole.
Card decks are available at AWE sites spanning three states and are totally FREE to take. Players can use the Aqua Marooned! core deck to generally explore nature anywhere they find it while the game’s 19 center expansion decks add in content specific to the mission of the site. Our extra special Lenape expansion deck, created under the guidance of a Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape advisory circle, offers an expanded series of cards that bring Indigenous insight and perspective to gameplay.
This page serves as a hub for information about the project. Click any of the links to access materials or email the contacts below with any further requests.
Press materials and links:
- Info about the game Aqua Marooned!
- Info on the Lenapehoking~Watershed art project as a whole
- Aqua Marooned! press release
- Link to Aqua Marooned! trailer (video credit: Cinema Quilt)
- Aqua Marooned! on the Lenapehoking~Watershed Art Project website
- Hi Res images of game pieces and some sample gameplay (photo credit: Jaime Alvarez)
- Social media graphics and character portraits (photo credit: Bri Barton and Meg Lemieur)
- Artist credits and producer bios
- L~W Project logo, Aqua Marooned! logo, Alliance for Watershed Education logo and Swim Pony company logo
- Instagram: @lenapehoking.watershed.art, @aquamarooned, @swimponypa
- Facebook: @LenapehokingWatershedArtProject, @SwimPony